Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What's this? More Snow!?!

Snow Shower This is what the weather dot com guys are saying about tomorrow and Friday. Brrrrrr.

Not that I mind a little snow - snow showers - I like to see it falling. I like it when it falls enough to shut things down for 1 day - day and a half, tops. I can find great joy in getting a whole week off due to snow, just so long as the power stays on. But ....

But I'm not quite ready for More Time Off (yes. amazing thing for TheQueen to say) so soon after my long leisurely Christmas break. It was hard enough to make it through yesterday - the great day of frittery return to schedule. The most impressive thing I got done yesterday was to open up the work email box. Mind now, I could have looked at my work email from home, during Christmas, but ... why would I?

I also deleted every message with a 2009 date on it unless it contained a password. Today I will try to make sense of the desk. I've designated tomorrow as my Dream-Big-Plan-Bigger day. And Friday is the Day Of Preparation for next week. But it might also contain a wickedly naughty sneaking off early in order to go see  The King's Speech. I've been longing to see it and it means I'll have to go to Richmond, but one's life can never have too much Colin Firth and the chance to see Bellatrix as a sympathetic character is irresistible! Only one theater in Richmond is showing it - maybe I missed it in the main stream theaters, but even this is OK by me - since I've been curious to try out the Bow Tie Cinemas anyway.

I can't believe I didn't knit a single solitary stitch yesterday ... and I don't like it one bit. I have to figure out a way to get in more knitting time even though I will come home in the dark, tired and hungry. Other New Year Things are swirling around my daily life right now too and as surely as I am a Miss Loquacity TheQueen, I will blog about it here but for now ... let's just say - for now I'm having a good time. Ms.Horoscope has this to say to us Virgos, 'specially the ones who's birthdays came late in September:

Your life now can be as fun as you want it to be. Hopefully you are feeling ever-more free of the duties, burdens, problems and obligations that troubled you for so long. Do you feel like A New Virgo? If you do, stand up and yell it in the air! “I’m a New Virgo!” You have been through the hardest times you’re going to experience for a long time to come and you need to get your head around the fact that life is now EASIER and BETTER and can lead you on more ADVENTURES! So get your head out of the past and into the present. You have shown yourself and your family and friends what you’re really made to. So be proud of who you are. They’re proud of you. The best things in life are free!


She's right, too. I'm having a hard time adjusting to Life Without Saturn. Probably a good thing. Makes me not dread hard work - which I must dress for now - and so - may you all have a Happy Hump Day.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I hope some of Ms Horoscope's late Virgo news rubs off on some of us early Virgos...But even if it doesn't -- she's right!

    And if it makes you feel better, Dear Bess, we got more snow yesterday...and more is forecast for the weekend...but then, this is Alberta, this is a Canadian winter, not VA...! ;-)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete