Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time for a New Project!

Made it through yesterday alright - with everyone at both board meetings being tolerant of TheQueen of Silence. My reward? 10 solid hours of uninterrupted sleep and a wee bit more voice this morning. Can it be? Is health and chatter just around the corner? Just to be sure, I have a substitute reader for today's Story Hour - but I truly think that I am on the mend.

And now I am at that exciting moment when I can begin a New Project - but I'm not sure what it will be. I really need new socks. Three pair of my handknitted socks sprouted holes in toe or heel this winter - and I certainly have mountains of good sock yarn. I also want to knit up some of the stash yarn I collected at the last Stitches event I attended. Most of that is bulky yarn - and I'm looking at patterns on Ravelry. I'd really like a nice classic Chanel shaped jacket - something not too long, and with minimum to no detail - to toss on over jeans.

Only - without pockets - because I don't need pockets and this is bulky variegated yarn - Happy Yarn I called it when I saw it - vivid bright colors.

But something like this is also a real possibility - if there is enough yarn for it. I like the simple classic basic lines - and it looks like something you'd toss on to dash out to the mailbox. It's garter stitch - not a plus for me, because it takes forever to get any length out of garter stitch - but then ... it's such a Boy-Next-Door stitch - so ... so dependable!

And then ahhh. I got sucked into the vortex that is the Ravelry pattern database. oh god. I would absolutely heart heart heart this jacket. Of course, I would also heart heart heart being this tiny. In my next life. When I get to be 29 forever - 29 years old, 29 inches around. Yeah - sounds perfect.

Okay guys - gonna wear that dress today and some time, some how, I will get some one to take my picture in it and tomorrow I'll post. Happy Hump Day to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment