Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Love me some Short Row Magic

I'm knitting right along on my Happy Chanel Jacket - gosh this bulky yarn goes fast. And the more I do this top down set in sleeve stuff, the more I like it. Usually, when I've knit from the bottom up, by the time I'm where I should start the short rows I'm getting just a wee bit tired of the project. I often skimp on the number of short rows I really need. Doing them this early in the project, I don't mind doing enough to really make something fit right.

The other big surprise - which shouldn't be such a surprise - is how fast bulky yarn knits up. And how few yards it takes. These skeins are 200 yards long and I have used about 1.5 skeins so far.

Anyway - too bad I have to go to work today - I bet I could finish the body if I had the whole day off? Why aren't I independently wealthy?


3 comments:

  1. Your vest is going quickly. I know what you mean about getting the short rows done in the beginning. When I knit my son's sweater, I was so excited in the beginning. By the time I got to the raglan decreases, my enthusiam and willingness to adapt were definitely less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once knew a knitter who referred to these sorts of quick knits as "instant gratification knitting". :-)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I blink and you've nearly finished something else! Way to go, Bess!

    ReplyDelete