Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Frustrated Friday

Who knew that knitting seed stitch in bulky thick'n'thin variegated yarn around two corners would be soooo tricky?!? There aren't that many stitches - maybe 300? There aren't that many rows - 9 at most. There are only 2 corners. But it is taking forever and I am afraid I've screwed up both corners. It seems to take a year to get one row done. Ugh.  I'm even reluctant to take a photo because right now it looks like a big spotted sack. I thought for sure I'd be finishing up the sleeves by now. (insert frowney face)

But nope. and if I were a real knitter, I'd rip it all out and make sure I do those corners right. Which I might still do, since there is a streak of real knitter in me - though there is also such a vein of pragmatism that if, when I bind off the first one, you can't really see that I've screwed up the corners without getting entirely too close to the front of my hips - I may just let it be all sloppy. We shall just have to see. At least, I'll have to see, and I promise to post a photo so you real knitters out there can opine. That's the nice thing about TheInternets. Nobody can make you obey.

It's been a very demanding week, with way early mornings every day - including today - but we've also had the gift one a glorious warm day - harbinger of things to come. And Sunday is supposed to bring us 50 and sunshine. So we know what I shall be doing on Sunday! Can't wait!

Happy Friday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment