Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sliding into Friday

It's been a week and a half of busy-ness since I last posted. Circulation at the library this week has been almost double any week of the past 2 months. New folk coming in wanting to explore, familiar faces with greater needs than usual. School projects. Job applications. Spring semester on-line courses. Whew. We've been swamped.

And then. I'm knitting a blue scarf. It's a gorgeous blue yarn, an interesting pattern, but ... it's just ... More Blue Stitches in German Herringbone Pattern. Not much to see, actually. Each pattern repeat makes about an inch of scarf. I've done 18. That's about 25%. Maybe if I achieve super-lightening speed this weekend I can finish another 25% but maybe not.

I have company coming on Saturday and in true TheQueen's style, I'm cooking a dish I've never made before. I don't know why I do this to people - but I'm always so inspired at the thought of cooking for Someone New, I can't bear to cook my same old same old.

And if I can get a ticket, I want to go here on Sunday:







to see this:




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity -- hope you get a ticket, Bess!

    ReplyDelete