Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baaaaaad Skein

Man - I have had such trouble getting Bricca off the ground - or at least, out of the skein. I've cast on half a dozen times. I joined the knitting with a twist, ripped it out and knit the set-up round - Rnd 2 - at least 3 times. Ugh. I am blaming the way the skein was wound at the factory, combined with the softness of this plush merino, cashmere and microfiber blend. Three slippery fibers who want to wander all over the place are a natural for tangling and misbehaving. I will not, of course, blame the fact that I made this first mess after a nice dish of shrimp scampi with a crisp white wine, while watching a movie.  

I finally had to give up on this hot mess, take it off the needles and leave it in a heap. When I am not wining (and whining) I will untangle it and put things to right. I will have to do quite a bit of frogging because I am sure I will need every inch of yarn I have to finish Bricca. Eventually, all swatches will be sentenced to the frog pond. 

But at last I have the beginnings of a sweater and am motoring along nicely. This is because I rewound the skeins with my trusty blue ball winder, releasing this long stored yarn from any bad karma left over from being rejected for 6 years. In it's new cake it feels free to become all that it can become - which is 15 arcade patterns sweetly marching round the needle. 

How I wish I could stay home today and as BD says, "just ka-nit ka-nit ka-nit." Especially since it's once again raining. But a nice long weekend is coming soon. There will be ample knitting time then. I am sure I can't complete this sweater in 4 weeks, but I bet I can have it done before Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. "I will not, of course, blame the fact that I made this first mess after a nice dish of shrimp scampi with a crisp white wine, while watching a movie."

    LOL! Bess, you're too much! :-)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete