Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Down Time

Ahhh. This has been a glorious weekend of down time. No phone calls, clean house, an unopened calendar, a fabulous dvd in a red envelope, knitting time, walking time and that indescribable recharging that I find essential. Like Antaeus, the son of the sea god, Poseidon, who was impossible to defeat so long as his feet were touching the earth, I need to have quiet, private, down time here at home on a regular basis or I grow cranky, tense, and unhappy.   

Alas, the older I get, the more I become like my father - and his mother before him. I believe we are the sort with weak batteries and can't go too far from the power source. I love to visit friends and I like my traveling vacations, but east or west, home is truly best for this gal.


Not Your Daughters Jeans Petite - Petite Emma Skirt
zappos.com
There was knitting at TheCastle too - as I cast on 180 stitches of Candle Flame lace on a size 4 needle and did not quite get 5 stitches to the inch. Cotton knitting is just so very different from springy wool knitting. I believe the ball band claims you can expect 5.5 stitches using a #6 needle but that is probably in stockinette stitch and I realize that a lacy stitch will expand. The yarn is very soft, thanks to the bamboo content and the fabric has almost a rayon drape to it. It would make a cute gathered skirt for a little girl ... or a slender woman. I will wear it as a modest tank top with wide shoulder straps - and I am already thinking of pulling out the sewing machine and making myself a cotton skirt to go with it. I like this skirt, but not for $88! I can sew. Love me some color contrast and this tera cotta color just begs for southwestern sunset color partners. 


The weather dot com guys have been teasing us all weekend with the promise of snow, albeit mixed with rain. So far, all we got was the red sky in the morn (all my photos were failures) with the sharp weather front demarcation line somewhere to the east.  They're still hinting that snow will fall around 9 o'clock but I will believe that when I see it. 


And so - as it is Monday - and as there is no snow yet on my lawn - I will go get ready for work. Ta.

1 comment:

  1. Aha! Now I understand what you wrote on my blog, Queen B! LOL! Your clocks are what mine would look like if they were caught napping!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete