Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Poplar Moon

It was such a beautiful blue day yesterday I took the camera (and the dogs) for a walk. This tree is my spring harbinger tree - because, no matter what sort of weather we've had so far - it's not really spring till this poplar tree turns green. First it's the mistiest of pale greens, but soon those little leaf bits unfurl into soft pliant, silky spring green leaves. And then come the blossoms - sherbet colored cups that dry, in the autumn, into arboreal candelabra. 

As I snapped the photo above I realized the daytime moon was up. I wondered if I could frame it against this magnificent blue with the white and pale grey of the poplar limbs.
And what do you know - I could! Here it is cupped by the limbs.










And  here it is surrounded by a poplar wreath.













And here is a closeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment