Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Some Weeks are Like That, I Guess

But if the stars, the gods, the fairies, Them, or anyone else in charge of things out there is listening .... Once Was Enough.

Yeah. It was a tough week last week - and the tougher it got, the more I walked around sighing about how tough it was - which makes me wonder if that helped make it tougher. I never welcomed a Friday afternoon as passionately as I did August 24, 2012.

This week will be better. I am going to borrow from a wonderful friend, who, whenever I see him, twinkles his eyes at me and says "Live as if it's already what you want it to be". My soul has a monumental crush on him. As my pal L would say - he's in my soul group. And now that I remember this, smack in the middle of last week he walked into the library and lifted my spirit - so - it wasn't all bad.

So. What is there to look forward to this week?

Hmmm.

Nice weather
One week closer to TheBirthdayMonth
Payday
Story Hour
Strength training at the gym
A visit to my mom (just decided this)
A stack of Inter-Library Loan books on how to draw
Following the meal plan I created on Thursday (and shopped for on Friday)
Drawing with R
A 3 day weekend at the end

So you see - even though these are gentle, almost mundane things, they're part of my ordinary life. They are the way I want things to be. Already.


Last week was a crummy week because it was just my turn. And even in the crummy sourness of last week I drew my best drawing yet.



And I turned the heel on a pair of socks.






And this weekend it rained - perfect for cuddling indoors with pencils, needles, movies and a BigDarling.


So. Some weeks are just like that, I guess - and that's not all that bad. Happy Next Week to you all.

1 comment: